Welcome to the Thermofluid Physics Group, led by Dr Yutaku Kita in the Department of Engineering at King's College London. We are a new research group launched in January 2023.
We study fundamental problems in thermofluids coupling multiphase flows, interfacial phenomena, wetting and phase change heat trasnfer, primarily for systems involving droplets and bubbles. To better understand these problems, we develop and apply experimental techniques to capture new phenomena at various time and spatial scales. We also utilise theory and simulations to rationalise our experimental findings. Our research is driven by a desire to develop more efficient energy systems, manufacturing, thermal management of electronics and biochemical processes.
We collaborate both nationally and internationally with academic institutions and industry. For example, we are a partner of the cross-continental EU MSCA-RISE ThermaSMART Project.
Lecturer in Engineering
Department of Engineering
Faculty of Natural, Mathematical & Engineering Sciences
King's College London
We support ambitious PhD candidates and postdocs
Thermofluid Physics Group is based in the Department of Engineering at KCL — an internationally renowned university delivering exceptional education and world-leading research. Join us in a vibrant area of central London with world-wide links full of unique opportunities that boost your personal and professional development. Also see Why King's?
- PhD Studentship: Multiphysics and Multiscale Approach to Phase Change Heat Transfer (jump to FindAPhD)
- Faculty PhD Studentship (deadline: 22 Jan 2024): Department of Engineering has 5.5 open studentships for 2024/2025 intake. (jump to FindAPhD)
- K-CSC Programme (deadline: 2 Jan 2024): Studentship for Chinese students jointly funded by KCL and the China Scholarship Council (CSC). See here.
- Opening position: Currently, we have no vacancy.
UG & MEng
- King's UG Research Fellowship (KURF): TBA
In addition, we always welcome prospective students and researchers to discuss potential projects. Please contact us.
Dr Yutaku Kita
King's College London
Strand Building, Room S2.23
Strand, London WC2R 2LS, UK
From Heathrow Airport
By Underground ~1 hour
Picadilly line to Holborn + 12 min walk